Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Designer Spotlight: Kind Adornment by Taryn Backus



We here at J. Karma are super excited about a new jewelry line from an awesome new designer local to out area! Kind Adornment by University of the Arts graduate Taryn Backus will surely be your new favorite! Taryn's pieces are all hand made, making each item just the more special. She mixes and matches semi-precious stones with metals in the likes of sterling silver, copper, oxidized copper, gold filled, and brass. Her designs are inspired by original patterns found in different cultures, and in the end she wishes to create "intimate objects one desires to adorn themselves with". 

Like I said before, everyone at J. Karma is thrilled to introduce this amazing new line to all our customers! I couldn't even help myself and already purchased my first (of what I'm sure will be many) piece from Kind Adornment. My new ring, from the second I put it on, has received dozens of complements. It's amazing how it goes with literally, everything in my closet, as well as my new mint green manicure ;) 

So, be the first of all your friends and stop in to J. Karma to buy your first piece of jewelry from what's sure to be your new favorite designer!

No comments: